Missing identification - second try

Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

Hi there! I know you are very busy, but I try again to solicit an answer.
I am using AMC last version (1.4.0) and everything works very smooth (my congratulation for the enormous work)
except automatic association. That wouldn't be a big issue for small number of students, since I can successfully do it via manual association. I attached here: the log file, the csv file and the PDF. From the log I cannot find any error, but AMC does not perform any automatic association (see file AssociationAnswer.png).

Can you help?

Thanks,

Andrea

AMC-DEBUG-UPcGbRgi.log - Log File (470.4 kB)

StudentsShort.csv - CSV file (125 Bytes)

DOC-sujet.pdf (175.5 kB)

AssociationAnswer.png - Answer (22.8 kB)


Replies (9)

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe over 2 years ago

Can you post your source file, and an archive with the data project directory?

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

Dear Alexis,
thanks for your prompt reply.
Please find attached what you required.

Best,
Andrea

separate.tex (3.2 kB)

Questions-02-09-2019.tex (12.6 kB)

data.zip (774.7 kB)

StudentsShort.csv (125 Bytes)

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Rafael Rodriguez over 2 years ago

It's possible to get the options.xml file ?
Thanks
Rafael

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Rafael Rodriguez over 2 years ago

Dear Alexis,
if I chose
id as Primary key and Pre-association as Code name it seems to recognize the students.
Please have a look at the attached screenshot.
Best regards,
Rafael

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

Dear Rafael,
thank very much for your prompt reply.
Please, find attached the file you requested.

As far as your test is concerned, I guess then there is some problem in my installation because I
was never able to get it associated even though Primary key "id" was selected and "Pre-association" chosen.

Hope we can find a solution together.

Thanks again, Andrea

options.xml (2.9 kB)

RE: Missing identification - second try - SOLVED - Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

Dear All,

the fact that Rafael was able to work out the association phase convinced me that I should have some problems with my project. So I cleaned it by deleting all those files which are created during the run, included sqlite archive.

Miraculously automatic association went through!

I had a look at the debug file generated before and after, and this it what changes in the relevant part:

%%%%%%%%%% BEFORE %%%%%%%%%

[ 7091, 0.22] Opening RW transaction for association [ASSA]...
[ 7091, 0.22] [ASSA] <-> association
[ 7091, 0.22] Annotate source has changed! Time=1571649153
[ 7091, 0.22] Preparing statement clearAuto
[ 7091, 0.22] Preparing statement preAssocCounts
[ 7091, 0.22] Closing transaction for association [ASSA]...
[ 7091, 0.22] [ASSA] X association
[ 6518, 29.77] END of input

%%%%%%%%%%% AFTER %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

[ 7448, 0.25] Opening RW transaction for association [ASSA]...
[ 7448, 0.25] [ASSA] <-> association
[ 7448, 0.25] Annotate source has changed! Time=1571649601
[ 7448, 0.25] Association variable mismatch: clearing database
[ 7448, 0.25] Preparing statement clearAuto
[ 7448, 0.25] Preparing statement preAssocCounts
[ 7448, 0.25] Association OK for code value 111222 (111222)
[ 7448, 0.25] Preparing statement insert
[ 7448, 0.25] Association OK for code value 222777 (222777)
[ 7448, 0.25] Closing transaction for association [ASSA]...
[ 7448, 0.25] [ASSA] X association
[ 7293, 13.69] END of input

In bold the only difference. It seems that database association.sqlite is not cleared
and therefore it is not filled at all.

I have now control of the process so I can manage it. Perhaps, you should add a "clearing procedure" and warn users that
if association does not work to clear existing databases.

Many thanks for you help.
Andrea

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

Well,
not really solved.

I am trying with another set of students. I cleared out all the previous files, but I still have a missing association.

There association.sqlite is empty and from the log file it is missing
Association variable mismatch: clearing database

So, there is still something not clear to me.

Thx,
A

RE: Missing identification - second try - Last findings - Added by Andrea Consiglio over 2 years ago

I checked the file options.xml .
I found two lines where different from the project which delivered a correct association:
<allocate_ids>1</allocate_ids> ---- it was set to nothing and I set to 1;
<auto_capture_mode>0</auto_capture_mode> ---- it was set to 1 and I set to 0;

I am not sure this is the correct setting, but once I changed the association worked as expected.

I could not also understand where these two variables are set ... I did not find an equivalent in the Preference tab

Hope this works!

Best,
A

RE: Missing identification - second try - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe over 2 years ago

auto_capture_mode=0 is for Different answer sheets, and auto_capture_mode=1 means Some answer sheets were photocopied.
allocate_ids refers to the Pre-allocate sheet ids from the page numbers option when the photocopy mode is used for automatic data capture.
These two options are set from the automatic data capture window, and are not used outside this step.

(1-9/9)