export-file: some students have two lines: one with marks etc (correct) and one with "ABS", saying they were missing (wrong)

Added by Marc Klausen 8 months ago

Hello,

Scanning the students tests (no student in the studentlist is missing), everything works fine. All scans are regognized, no paper is missing, every scan is manually mapped to a student id/name etc. But exporting in an csv- (or libre-office-file) for some -- not all -- students (gui and command line) I get two lines:

(a) one line with correct data and
(b) one line with "ABS" -- saying this student is missing.

Did I do s.th. wrong? Is it a known bug? Is there a workaround?

It would be nice to get a correct export file as source for writing reports (f.e. based on that export-file.

Of course, this time I could just delete all(!) "ABS" lines manually, but next time I have no easy distinction, which students with "ABS"-lines are really missing to automate writing reports from the export-file.

Thanks you for help or a small hint,

Marc


Replies (2)

RE: export-file: some students have two lines: one with marks etc (correct) and one with "ABS", saying they were missing (wrong) - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe 8 months ago

Can you export while in debugging mode (from the Help menu) and attach the produced log file?
Can you try to get a minimal project that shows the problem and send the project directory?

RE: export-file: some students have two lines: one with marks etc (correct) and one with "ABS", saying they were missing (wrong) - Added by Marc Klausen 7 months ago

______________
MY mistake no BUG !!!
______________

Thanks a lot for your fast answer. Failing to reproduce the error with a minimal example, I (think I) found my mistake now.

For users, perhaps making similar mistakes, I describe it now:

- I started with a studentfile.csv, mapped the scans etc.
- but it seems like, that in the meanwhile I CHANGED SOME IDS in the studentfile.csv from 1 to 01, 2 to 02 etc. for better sorting afterwards.
- then exporting the report file

So I got lines like in the example below -- one for the mapped (old) id-copy and one for the not mapped (new) id , both referring to the same student name

example:
"27";"2";"dddddddddddddd";"70,5";"2";"2";"2";"0";"0";"2";"2";"0,5";"4";"0";"2";"4";"2"
"";"02";"dddddddddddddd";"ABS";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";"";""

With changing the new ids back to the old ones 01 -> 1, 02 ->1 in the studentfile.csv and exporting once again, the "second" lines are gone and everything is all right :)

Sorry to bother you with my mistake, thinking it could be a bug,

Marc

(1-2/2)