Cannot get answers in an anonymous survey
Last year I made an anonymous survey, got the answers, made my statistics. This year I used the same file generated last year, the scan went perfect, almost no intervention required to capture the data. But I cannot export the answer, I only get the grades, which are useless.
I'm choosing "Export answers" both "AB" and "0;0;1;0" styles, but they do not appear in the csv.
Last year I was using ubuntu 16.04, now I use 18.04, so I had to download auto-multiple-choice 1.4.0 from your website. However, I remark that the scan was flawless.
Can you give me any hint?
I do get a warning about the sty file not matching the AMc version. Unfortunately, I cannot copy and paste the whole warning...
I keep trying: now I got the correct answers for 3 surveys, out of a file with 27 perfect scans.
I do get a warning about the sty file not matching the AMc version.
Do you use a local modified version of the style file ?
I was using a modified version indeed.
- If I re-compile with 1.4.0, the old source and the new sty, the scan does not work.
- If I re-compile with 1.4.0, the old source and the new sty, the scan works, but grades are not exported (only 3 out of 27!).
So now I'm trying to install 1.3.0 from precompiled sources. I'll post in the Install forum if I have problems.
I had forgotten (and couldn't find anywhere) the magic spell:
- detect format
- capture (scan)
- grade with "Actualizar escala de notas" (however it is translated) checked
- then grade again with "Actualizar escala de notas" (however it is translated) unchecked
- then you can export the answers
And for the record, it worked with the old local modified version of automultiplechoice.sty, despite the warning.