What takes the place of \AMC@boxedchar

Added by David Dixon 10 months ago

For a very long time I've used AMC to generate randomized-answer quiz slides similar to beamer. The answer letters (A,B,C,D,E) are in solid-colored boxes. This was done using the code below (which I picked up online a long time ago)

\makeatletter
\renewcommand\AMC@boxedchar[4]{\AMC@LR{\hspace{0pt}%
  {\ifx\@empty#2\@empty \def\AMC@boxcolor{black}\fi%
   \ifAMC@correc\def\AMC@boxcolor{black}\fi%
   \lower\AMC@boxeddown\hbox{\csname AMC@shape@\AMC@shapename\endcsname%
     {\AMC@boxcolor}%
     {\ifx\@empty#4\@empty red\else\AMC@boxcolor\fi}{#2}{#3}{\AMCchoiceLabelFormat{#1}}}}}%
}
\makeatother

AMC 2.3.0 now complains that \AMC@boxedchar is undefined. Any suggestions on how to modify this to work now gratefully accepted.

Replies (2)

RE: What takes the place of \AMC@boxedchar - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe 10 months ago

AMC internals changed. Try to find white in the LaTeX style file to see where you should redefine something. With the current development version (1.4.0~beta1), this leads to something like

\makeatletter
\renewcommand\AMC@setcolors@[2]{%
  \def\AMC@boxcolor@{\AMC@boxcolor}%
  \ifx\@empty#1\@empty \def\AMC@boxcolor@{black}\fi%
  \ifAMC@correc\def\AMC@boxcolor@{black}\fi%
  \def\AMC@fillcolor@{\ifx #2\AMC@checkedbox%
    \AMC@boxcolor@\else red\fi}%
  \AMC@draw@crossfalse%
  \ifKV@AMCdim@cross\ifx #2\AMC@checkedbox%
    \AMC@draw@crosstrue\fi\fi%
}
\makeatother

RE: What takes the place of \AMC@boxedchar - Added by David Dixon 10 months ago

Perfect - that solves the problem - thanks!

I have a snippet that formats beamer-like slides of AMC questions. I use it for quizzes so that the questions and answers are in a different order from section to section of the same term, and from term to term. I can make it available if you think anyone would be interested.

Thanks again!

(1-2/2)