Get rid of "Scans Not Recognized" problem
1. As of Version 1.2, AMC does not have a feature where `Data Capture' can automatically detect if the PDF
pages were scaled while printing. A future version of AMC might detect it and correct, but as of 2015 we
need a reliable printing solution.
2. If you have only a few copies to print and you are using some gui on your machine to print them, have
a look at the attached "NoScaling.png". It illustrates what options you need to pick to ensure there is no
scaling/centering done at the time of printing.
3. The above solution is only feasible if you have a few copies to print. Suppose you have picked 'separate
answer sheet' option in AMC, you have say 100 students/exams. You want to print the questions as a booklet
and the bubble-sheets/OMRs separately (maybe on bond paper) -- solution in 2. above is not feasible.
4. If you have installed cups and bash, you can follow the suggestions in 5. All this is about printing
and NOT AMC.
5. Extract attached "printing.zip". Read "HELP.txt" in the folder "printer-instances".
6. I have done all this on ubuntu 12.. to 14.... There could be some surprises in other cases.
As of Version 1.2, AMC does not have a feature where `Data Capture' can automatically detect if the PDF
pages were scaled while printing
Did you experienced problems due to scaling? Please send an example (source file and scan from scaled printed copy / if already in your archive, please tell me which files to consider).
AMC should have corrected scaling, if this scaling is not too important. If you need a larger tolerance for scaling, try increasing the values of Edit/Preferences/Scan/Detection parameters/Marks size max increase-decrease.
It is my fault - but I clearly do not understand the following: Does the setting you have suggested
take care of scaling of the "four corner dots" to smaller/bigger size ---OR--- does it take care if
the whole page is scaled? Suppose I make a project where DOC-sujet is on A4 size paper. I scale it
and print it on A3 (twice the size of A4 paper) or A5 (half the size of A4 paper).
If I adjust the "Marks size max increase-decrease" setting, will it work?
As always, thanks for your amazing software and your quick responses to postings.
...also, when a printer scales ( to center the image, to fit to page, to keep extra margins etc.)
the horizontal and vertical scaling ratios could be different....
or A5 (half the size of A4 paper).
I use this one and i only chose to decrease "Measured box proportion" to .5
Please have a look at Automatic data capture process (initial version, to be improved) for some explanations on the data capture process in AMC.