Change scoring without creating any dvi and pdf?

Added by Alex Alex 10 months ago

When changing the scoring strategy after the test has already been completed by the students (for example, switching a question to indicative), I use the command `auto-multiple-choice prepare --mode b --data ./data ./"mysubect.tex"`. This works, but it takes quite a while because it also creates amc-compiled.dvi and then amc-compiled.pdf, which iterates through every copy. This makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Is there a better/quicker method? I'm only using the command line (not the gui).

Replies (4)

RE: Change scoring without creating any dvi and pdf? - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe 10 months ago

There is no better method.
AMC needs to run LaTeX to extract the scoring from the source file.
However, the dvi→pdf step is not necessary and should be skipped: this will be fixed.

RE: Change scoring without creating any dvi and pdf? - Added by Alex Alex 10 months ago

Ah that makes sense, I guess it could depend on some logic with groups of questions being included and stuff. Thanks.

RE: Change scoring without creating any dvi and pdf? - Added by Alexis Bienvenüe 10 months ago

I guess it could depend on some logic with groups of questions being included and stuff.

Exactly.

However, the dvi→pdf step is not necessary and should be skipped: this will be fixed.

Now in the development tree : git:a0facad4beba.

(1-4/4)